- Never write what you are uncomfortable with writhing.
- Anchor the sex to where your couple are in the story.
- Remember sex is a great source of conflict and tension in a story. When I was writing the first sex scene in Loving Lady Lazuli I initially had Cass succumbing to Devorlane. That one touch and she is swooning with need scenario has been done- pardon that pun – to death. So I ripped the scene up and explored things differently. This leads me to…
- Vary your scenes that way. Length-pardon that pun too- how much you describe, cut to fade occasionally. Repetition can be dull.
- Remember the five senses. Appeal to each. Set your scene carefully that way even down to the lighting.
- Watch the flying body parts. Phrases like, ‘she exploded, her head hitting the pillow’ sounds like she stood on a hand grenade and it went off.
- Think about the physical possibilities of what you are describing. I think the main thing is to make it real. Sometimes that can mean lousy sex. Just look at the possibilities opening up when that sex starts to get better.
- Change your POV. Men think very differently from women about sex. That’s half the fun of writing it.
Series: Little Miss Kick-Ass
Book info: A standalone sequel to Steam Bunny and Super-Sex Me. (no cliffhangers)
Genre: Erotic paranormal romance.
Tags: billionaire, god, Viking, alpha hero, urban fantasy, ghost
Word count: 40,000 approx. (novella)
Heat level: High
Content warning: contains voyeurism, light ménage, explicit sex scenes, graphic language, may trigger readers sensitive to miscarriage.
He was the bad guy in Steam Bunny. The superhero lover in Super-Sex Me. Now find out what deep dark secrets make Race Lindstrom Fit To Be Tied in the latest erotic romance novella in the Little Miss Kick-Ass series.
1 Viking sex god + 1 kick-ass heroine = 130 pages full of hot sex scenes, snappy dialogue and heart-aching romance. Grab a glass of wine, a fan to cool yourself, and a box of tissues. You’re going to need it.
From bestselling author, Felicity Kates, the Little Miss Kick-Ass series continues.
Casey’s BFF, Astrid Bitten, takes center stage this time with her nemesis, Race Lindstrom.
Is love written in the stars by the gods, or just a fantasy?
He’s a liar. A manipulative ass. He doesn’t deserve a second chance. Yet I can’t stop thinking about him and that night we shared in Chicago four weeks ago. He dominates my dreams, making me want him more each day. Trapped with him at an Ice Hotel in Sweden, do I have a hope in hell of resisting him? Maybe not, but I’ll kick his ass if he ever calls me his goddess again.
She’s the love of my life, my dream, the goddess I’ve been waiting an eternity for. I know she hates me for the deceptive life I’ve led, but I want to give her everything she’s ever craved, fill each second of her life with bliss. But…trapped for a weekend in the place where my life went to hell, how can I avoid the nightmare that haunts me? Not to mention the ass-kicking Astrid will give me when she discovers the darkest secret of my past.
Fit To Be Tied is available at: